Last Updated on Jul 9th 2020, 8:50am
We have identified the necessary policies and safety measures we need to put in place to safely staff the pool with lifeguards and offer swim lessons this summer. Both full time guards and swimming lessons will be available at our BW2 pool starting this Monday, July 13th!
Various restrictions (such as reduced class size and signup restrictions) are put in place for consideration of physical distancing during the lesson. Please note that COVID19 policies restrict instructor interaction during swim lessons and do not allow instructors to be in the pool with students. ONE parent (or authorized guardian) MUST be in the water with EACH student in levels 1 through 4 and this guardian must be a confident swimmer. Parents with children in levels 5 and above do not need to be on deck, but must be available via cell phone in case of emergency.
Please review the information below to get familiarized with the new process.
Lesson times and days
At the end of each lesson, the swimming instructors will spend 15-min cleaning and disinfecting washroom and surfaces before the next lesson start on the hour.
- 2 classes at 9:00am – 9:45am:
- 2 classes at 10:00am – 10:45am
- 2 classes at 11:00am – 11:45am
There will be 4 lesson sessions this season. Each session takes place from Monday to Friday, for 2 weeks:
- Session 1: July 13 – July 24
- Session 2: July 27 – August 7
- Session 3: August 10 – August 21
- Session 4: August 24 – September 4
Swimming lesson fees
- $50 per 2-week session, for all levels.
How to Sign Up?
You can register for lessons using our new online form: BW2 Swim Lesson Registration Form 2020.
Please fill out one form per child using your household address and email. In an effort to schedule class levels and time slots most effectively, we will close lesson registration for all four sessions this Saturday, July 11.
Please sign up for as many sessions as you would like. (For example, if you want Session 1 and Session 4, mark both as “1st Choice”). If we receive more signups than can be scheduled for a given session, lesson acceptance will be arranged according to the prioritizations you select for that session in the form and we will try our best to honour the prioritization and resolve any remaining conflicts via lottery.
Within a few days of your submission, you will receive an email confirming your child’s scheduled session(s), including details on how to pay via Email Money Transfer.
Class sizes and student restrictions
- Level 5 and up are restricted to 6 students.
- Level 4 and under are restricted to 4 students, and each student needs to have an accompanying guardian in the pool.
- Neighbourhood volunteers will not be used.
- Non-members will not be allowed.
- If the registrations exceeds the limit for a session, the class acceptance for that session will be done by lottery. Any students held out of a session will be given priority for the next session.
During the lessons
- Instructors are not allowed in the water when students are in. All students must be out of the water before instructor can get in to demonstrate.
- Students need to maintain physical distance during lessons.