Last Updated on Jun 16th 2021, 9:30am
Various restrictions (such as reduced class size and signup restrictions) have been put in place again this year for swimming lessons. Please note that COVID19 policies restrict instructor interaction during swim lessons and do not allow instructors to be in the pool with students. ONE parent (or authorized guardian) MUST be in the water with EACH student in levels 1 through 4 and this guardian must be a confident swimmer. Parents with children in levels 5 and above do not need to be on deck, but must be available via cell phone in case of emergency.
Please review the information below to get familiarized with the new process.
Lesson times and days
At the end of each lesson, the swimming instructors will spend 15-min cleaning and disinfecting washroom and surfaces before the next lesson start on the hour.
- 2 classes at 9:00am – 9:45am:
- 2 classes at 10:00am – 10:45am
- 2 classes at 11:00am – 11:45am
There will be 5 lesson sessions this season. Each session takes place from Monday to Friday, for 2 weeks:
- Session 1: June 28 – July 9
- Session 2: July 12 – August 23
- Session 3: July 26 10 – August 6
- Session 4: August 9 – September 20
- Session 5: August 23 – September 3
Swimming lesson fees
- $50 per 2-week session, for all levels.
How to Sign Up?
You can register for lessons using our new online form: BW2 Swim Lesson Registration Form.
Please fill out one form per child using your household address and email. Class placements will be allocated on a first come first served basis until the sessions fill up. Please sign up for as many sessions as you would like.
Within a few days of your submission, you will receive an email confirming your child’s scheduled session(s), including details on how to pay via Email Money Transfer.
Class sizes and student restrictions
- Level 5 and up are restricted to 6 students.
- Level 4 and under are restricted to 4 students, and each student needs to have an accompanying guardian in the pool.
- Neighbourhood volunteers will not be used.
- Non-members will not be allowed.
- If the registrations exceeds the limit for a session, the class acceptance for that session will be done by lottery. Any students held out of a session will be given priority for the next session.
During the lessons
- Instructors are not allowed in the water when students are in. All students must be out of the water before the instructor can get in to demonstrate.
- Students need to maintain physical distance during lessons.
- A face covering mask must be worn as you enter and exit the pool facilities.